Friday, July 30, 2010

A prettied up lampshade

I looked everywhere. This lampshade was driving me crazy.
I wanted it to be red or have some kind of cuteness. I did look alot of places and could not find what I needed. I was a little irritated. Then one fine day I had a thought. Why not use some left over fabric and do some embellishing? I got right on it. Took the shade off, isn't it pretty...
Got out the fabic and ribbon I wanted to use...
Cut the fabric into 1 inch strips...
Okay, right here I have to start appologizing for the nasty quality of my pictures. I didn't realize they were blurry until I put them on the computer. Please, please be nice. I know they are bad.
Next, you fold the strip over and start rolling. (Have you ever made ribbon flowers? That is what you are doing, but with fabric.)


Keep rolling and twisting it so it looks like a sweet roll. Then when it is the size you want, you can cut the end off...
Take out the trusty glue gun and smother the bottom of the fabric, that you have rolled into a flower, with glue and stick it on the shade.


Now, just to warn you, I wish I would have planned things out a little. But, I just started sticking roses on and making this cluster of flowers. Now that I look at it, I wish that maybe I would have just done the same thing on top that I did on the bottom.
Now for the leaves, I just cut a green ribbon, that I already had from another project, about 2" long.
Fold it over on itself and glue with glue gun. Then it will look like this...
This is what I used for leaves. I just stuck them wherever I thought I needed them.
For the bottom, I ran the ribbon all the way around the bottom edge.
Then on the spines running down the shade I put a fabric flower and leaves...

I really like how it turned out. Here it is now...

Again I have to apologize for the photo's.
Have a great day.
Brooke



Photobucket








16 comments:

Post a Comment