Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Laundry organizing

I built many of these "boxes" back in my "building days".
I sold quite a few as magazine holders or totes for crafting supplies.
I have used this one for many things, but lately I have used it in the laundry room to hold supplies. I didn't like the fact that I had painted it green for another use and now I needed it to be red. So I painted it red...
Sanded the edges...
When I sanded, the green color from underneath came through. Loved that. Then I took an old sock and Special Walnut stain and rubbed it on the whole thing. I like how the stain just antiques it a little.
Here you can see how the green is coming through...
Here it is in the corner of my laundry room where I fold clothes and do craft projects.
It is nice to have everything organized and where you need it, when you need it.
I think I would like to get a vinyl to put on the side of it that says "laundry" or "supplies" or something. What do you think?
Organize and Decorate Everything







9 comments:

Post a Comment