Thursday, April 15, 2010

Antique key project

Okay, so I am going to start the antique key project. It's all in my head, you know, I can see it perfectly. So I grab my keys and a old board...
Out to the garage I go. Cut the board to the size of the keys...
It turned out like this after I cut the board to size with my trusty miter saw...
With the leftover board I started trimming pieces I could use as a frame...
We have to stop here and pay tribute to my trusty table saw. He was given to me years ago by a nice old neighbor of mine. He isn't pretty or petite but he cuts through wood like "butta". Not really he is usually pretty testy and sputs and sputters, but we eventually get a cut made. So pay your respects to Mr. Big...
Bet you want one.... Hu? Okay, back to the keys. (I need to confess I had to scrap up another piece of wood when I decided to make a frame around them. That is where the painted red piece of wood with letters came from.) About this time I ran out of wood on the last piece for the frames.
A slight panic stuck me, but I rummaged through the garage and found this piece that I thought would work with a lot of cutting and measuring...
Thank goodness for Mr. Big he just cut and trimmed until we got the right piece.

Aahh, I love you Mr. Big. Now this is what I have so far...
This post is getting way to long, so I will finish it tomorrow. I'm off to do some sanding, panting and antiquing.
See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome so far! I'm still impressed by the power tool skills you have. I like the frames with the red background too - are you going to leave them that way? It looks kind of vintage Coca-Cola sign ish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thanks for visiting me at my blog! I LOVE these keys and have been seeing so many projects with them. Wishing I could score a few for myself. Can't wait to see your finished project.
    -Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, a girl after my own heart. Love that you use your own power tools. Girl power! Ha ha. They look great!

    ReplyDelete