Monday, February 1, 2010

While we are in the closet.

So, I was so proud of my jewelry organizer I didn't show you what else I did to the closet. Every girl needs a full length mirror in or near her room to check things out before we leave for the day. There was no place to put one in my daughter's room soooo I went and bought one of those walmart $5 specials. (I am really not sure how much they are but $5 is real close.) I thought i was going to hang it on the inside of her door to her room. This was not a good idea. I got the great double-sided tape and it would not stick, it kept falling off. Not good for the walls that are nearby. This is what is left on the door to remind me of that project.

Then I had a great idea, why not put it in her closet. She has shelves going up the middle so I thought I could hang the mirror on the shelves and make in so she could open it like a door, to get to the shelves. I already had some hinges, but when I looked at the frame of the mirror I quickly decided it was too flimsy to attach the hinges to. I went out to the garage and found two small pieces of wood about 1/4 inch thick and glued them with Gorilla Glue to the back of the mirror where I wanted the hinges to be. (Yes, there is such a thing as Gorilla Glue it is at Home Depot and glues pretty much anything to anything.) Then I attached the hinges to that and then to my shelves like sooo...


This was an easy project and didn't cost hardly anything. She enjoys having a mirror and still is able to access her shelves. Who comes up with this stuff anyway??



0 comments:

Post a Comment