Thursday, January 28, 2010

Closet organizing











My daughter saw this in a friends closet and I thought it was the greatest thing ever. If you have a daughter or even for yourself you know that all the jewelry, necklaces and bracelets can be a real problem. What do we do with them and how do we keep them from tangling. Well, this isn't the prettiest, that's why you put it in the closet, but it is very good at keeping things organized.





I got this pegboard at Home Depot. You can buy it in a 2x4 sheet or larger. It even comes painted white. I cut it myself with my trusty tablesaw but you can have them cut it for you there. Measure the spot you have to put it so you know what size to cut it. Then you need to buy some hooks to put in the holes. There are many different sizes and shapes. Get what is best for what you need to organize.





I was so excited to see that long one with all the hooks, it is perfect for necklaces.





It needs to hang away from the wall about an inch so that you can put the hooks through the holes. So I used a one inch by one inch strip of wood on the back, at the top and the bottom.





Then hang it up and organize away, you'll love it.

1 comments:

  1. I love it! I've been trying to come up with a way to organize my necklaces inside an old medicine cabinet and I think this might be it. Just found your blog and I think it's great! (Also loved the mirror you put in your daughter's closet)

    ReplyDelete