Monday, January 25, 2010

Ribbon lampshade







This was a fun and easy project. I already had these lamps, and I like them. When I changed my bedspread and curtains the ivory shade didn't look right. I went on the hunt for a red shade but couldn't find one that fit my lamp or I didn't like them.
I just happened to have some of this pretty ribbon from Christmas. I decided to rap the ribbon around the shade, but vertically not horizontally. It was easy with my trusty glue gun. I cut strips and glued them at the top and bottom of the shade. I overlapped alot at the top and not very much on the bottom. (Because the top of the shade is smaller than the bottom.)
I got about halfway done and ran out of ribbon. (Not Good!) I ran to Rod Works, where I had purchased it in the first place and LUCKILY they had enough for me to finish.
I think it looks better, don't you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment