Monday, November 23, 2015

DIY tray




I bought this awesome tray at Rod Works.


I love how unique it is and I use it in my entry on the dresser.  I wanted another one but didn't want to pay for another one.I think it was like $32.  I decided to make one myself.  Went to Home Depot and got a 1 x 4 x 6 pine board.  Then off to Hobby Lobby for some awesome handles.  Just needed some glue, finish nails and my chop saw.  Here is what I came up with...


Cut the boards to whatever size you want your tray to be. I wanted mine a little bigger than the one I bought at Rod Works. I made mine 21" x 11". 


I ended up cutting the end pieces in half. I just thought it looked better.You can see that in the finished picture. Before you attach the ends, you need to put the handles on. 





Fun project.  I just painted it white then rubbed dark stain on it after I sanded it a little.  I think it cost about $10.  Give it a try.








Linking with these awesome parties:
Trash 2 Treasure
Tutorials & Tips Link Party
Tutorial Tuesday
Inspire me Monday
Wow us Wednesday
Treasure hunt Thursday
Link Party Palooza






0 comments:

Post a Comment