Friday, June 18, 2010

Long awaited rest!

Hey, thanks to all of you who wondered where in the heck I had ran off to. I had to take a break and figure out what I was doing. I stepped back and realized I was spending money I didn't need to so I could put something on my blog. I have to just share the things I do and not worry about how many posts I do in a week. But, I will be checking in on you to see all of your great ideas. Hope you can hang in there with me, and if not, I enjoyed your company while it lasted. I have to do what is best for me and my family and hope you do the same.
I went on a trip with my family to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. We had a great time and I wanted to share some of the photos my daughter took.
This is where we camped, we pulled out trailer and stayed at Gros Ventre Camp Ground it was nice and quiet.

Aren't the Teton Mountains beautiful! I think they are so majestic!

This little guy followed us around hoping we would drop some food, we did.


The scenery is so beautiful. I love old barns, weird, I know.


We went on alot of hikes around the many lakes up there. This one was called string lake and I thought this tree was neat. It's roots are out of the ground and all funky.


This lake is one of my favorite's. It is called Jenny Lake. It is so beautiful. You can ride a boat across this lake if you don't want to hike the whole way and hike up the mountain a little ways and see some beautiful water falls and gorgeous scenery. Oh my!


Here are my kido's at Jenny Lake.


We also went to a musical, Annie Get You Gun, at the Jackson Hole Playhouse. It was cute. And we went to the Bar J Wranglers, a really fun western show. We had a fun time and a much needed get away.
I have been doing some projects outside I want to share. So maybe next week I can get moving again. Thanks for hanging in.
Have a great day,
Brooke

6 comments:

  1. I totally get it. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement of "followers" and "comments" start living more for this virtual existence than for real. I'm trying to just keep doing my thing and posting pictures when I'm done or in the process but not do anything different just for the blog of it. Haha. Your vacation pics are amazing. It looks like such a beautiful place. I'm from Idaho and these pics make me a little homesick. Just a little though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooke! Nice to see you back! I grew up in that area so I know it's very beautiful and it's so great when others enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a beautiful serene place! Glad u had a wonderful time. Looks like a place we would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back! It looks like you had a wonderful vacation, those pictures are amazing! Your daughter took them?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brooke! I love your cement fire pit - it looks really great! For some reason it wouldn't let me leave a comment on that post though so I'm putting it down here instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaahh it won't let me leave you a comment on your fire pit post! GRrrr! I love what you did! My dad wants to do that in his backyard so bad (my mom is poopooing it :)

    ReplyDelete