Friday, June 5, 2015

Pretty up the porch

I love it when Memorial Day arrives because then I can plant flowers without worrying too much about freezing.  It's when summer begins! The porch is always looking frumpy in the spring.  My pots that I had on either side of the front door rotted out.  So it was time to try something new.  I had this old milk can and I had made the red box a while ago. I just spray painted a couple clay pots and added them to the mix. Of course, adding the patriotic star is great from Memorial day all the way through July.
  The pillows I covered with new outdoor fabric to spruce them up. A little color always does the trick.


The crate came from Joann's. It was unfinished and I spray painted it red. Just a small spruce up but a fun change.
The flag is something I made a few years ago and still use every year. 

What do you think?

Linking up with:
I'm lovin it
Frugal Friday
 funky junk
Link Party Palooza 
Inspire me Monday 
Wow us Wednesday
Treasure hunt thursday
DIY showoff 
Trash 2 treasure
Imparting Grace
Flaunt it Friday
Tutorial Tuesday

4 comments:

  1. I just love the whole thing, but I really like the area with the milk can and chairs. So inviting.

    Hey, if you're interested, I'd love to have you share your stuff on my new blog hop at www.myflagstaffhome.com. It's open all weekend.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Found you on Trash 2 Treasure. I love your patriotic porch. Come on over to Idea Box on Thursday and share if you wish!

    http://csc.mycreativehome.org/2015/06/idea-box-link-party-14_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Spray paint is my new favorite thing. It's so easy and makes such a dramatic change. I'm working on restarting my blog after a small hiatus. I'd love it if you'd stop by to take a look. www.clovisdutchdoor.blogspot.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete