Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Patriotic Mantel

This is such a great time of year.  I love everything about our country, we are so blessed.  I am one of those who cries during the National Anthem.  I guess you could say I am proud to be an American and so very grateful to those who have made it possible for me to live free.  Anyway, I decided to do a Patriotic Mantel because you can leave it up from Memorial Day to just after July 24th, Pioneer Day here in Utah.  Well and maybe just all summer, why not.
So I started gathering.  I had the window pane, just spray painted it white. Had the red candles and candlestick, just added a ribbon.  I had the lantern, just added ribbon to it also.  Then I ran down to this darling store Morgan Valley Crafts  and purchased this, unfinished.


Isn't it so cute.  I did mine a little different but they are so cute.  Now, I don't do alot of crafting anymore but I stuck with this and actually enjoyed doing it. Here is mine...


Then I found this darling free printable from HMH Designs. I had this 8 x 10 frame in the closet so I just stuck it in it. But, I did back it with grey cardstock because it wasn't big enough.


Also, this free banner from At Second Street.



I used jute instead of ribbon to hang mine, only because that is what I had.  Thanks to those awesome, talented people who share their stuff for free! So here it is all finished!




Thanks for stopping by, come back soon!

Linking up with these great blogs:
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Frugal Friday 
Link Party Palooza
Diy Showoff 
The Girl Creative Link Party 
30 +DIY red, white and blue ideas
Inspire me monday
Tutorials & Tips Link Party 
Trash 2 Treasure 
Wow us Wednesday 
I'm lovin it 


0 comments:

Post a Comment