Saturday, December 27, 2014

Teen girl bedroom

Loved doing this teen girl bedroom.  She already had a great room with lots of character.  Two dormers, one on each end of the room and awesome windows.  They had already painted the room with this pretty blue color when I entered the picture.
I found, second hand, a desk for homework, and a dressing table for make-up and jewelry.  I had them painted coral and put them in either end of the room in the dormers.  Here is the homework side...


And here is the make-up side...

The curtains I made custom with the coral fabric on top and bottom.  I used rings so she could slide them easily for privacy.

I found the matching chairs second hand also and had them painted Ivory.

The magnet board was painted with the grey and white chevron pattern.
The jewelry organizer I found at Hobby Lobby and it was the perfect
color.

I made the headboard solid grey with white buttons and white rope trim.

The lamps I got at TJ Maxx and put the ribbon on the shades for some more color.  The bedding was purchased online. One pillow was made from the same fabric as the curtains to tie it in.
The armoire was purchased second hand and painted ivory to match the chairs.


 The wall beside the armoire is her "brag wall".  She is very athletic and has many trophies and metals to prove it.  I wanted a unique way to display her trophies so I painted two crates white and added jute around the handles.  I hung them on the wall so they made shelves.  It turned out great and I used a hat rack painted coral for her metals.
We took off the doors to her closets because they were damaged and decided to use fabric instead for some more color.  We used the same fabric as in the curtains and pillow on the bed.

Such a fun project and she was very happy.  That is all that counts! Hope you enjoyed this fun bedroom, stop by again.

Brooke

Frugal Friday 
Party Palooza
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Inspire me Monday 
Tutorials & tips 
Wow us Wednesday 
 Imparting Grace
Frugal Friday

0 comments:

Post a Comment