Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The shoe organizer has many uses.

I was just cleaning out my pantry and realized how much I love my shoe organizer. I'm sure all of you have one of these shoe organizers with all the pockets. You can buy them very inexpensively at Target or Walmart. Well, I have heard people use them for scrapbooking supplies, small toys, craft supplies etc.
I thought I would share how I use mine, I have two.
I have one in my garage hanging next to the door to come in the laundry room.

It has stopped all the mess in my laundry room, at least with gloves and hats. Also, it helps keep gloves and mittens paired together. The smaller kids can reach the bottom and adults keep theirs on the top. It works really well for us
Then I also have one in my pantry.


This one hangs on the wall just as you go into my pantry. It could also hang on the back of the door but I just happened to have a perfect spot for it on the wall. I keep all the smaller stuff in it. Like, gravy packets, pudding, jello, chocolate chips, coconut, anything that will fit. At the bottom, this one has two larger pockets that I use for kids snacks. They know right where to go for their snack after school. Well that is how I use my shoe organizer. How do you use yours?

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea Brooke, I love the one in the pantry it would make it so much easier to find those little things. I may have to use this to organise my pantry a bit better.
    Nellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there! Just stopping by to see what you've been up to. I use a small hanging organizer (similar to yours) for jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shoe organizers too. I have them in almost every closet in my house and in the bathrooms. THanks for stopping by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you can use them for so many things besides shoes!

    ReplyDelete