Monday, January 25, 2016

DIY Headboard

While decorating my sons room I knew I would need a headboard and knew that I would make it but I wasn't sure what exactly.  Then the picture started in my mind.  I wanted something rustic and was thinking something with corrugated metal. But then I ran upon some wonderful old barn wood.  So this is how we started. 

We measured the size of the bed, which was a queen.  Then built the frame from 2x4's.  I wanted a little more rustic look so my dear hubby scraped the edges then we sanded it.

Used some scrap plywood for the back and began putting the barn wood in.  Cutting it on an angle and fitting it in one by one.  

 
We then dropped the back out of the frame and stained the frame with dark walnut.  I also used a spray on polyurethane for the top coat.  Then we put it back together with the inside barn wood section.  And wa la, it was perfect for his "hunting" room.  Quite simple and very inexpensive.  Only had to buy the 2x4's, less than $10.  Fun project and inexpensive.  A success!
Thanks for stopping by.




Linking with these great parties:
  Trash 2 Treasure
Tutorial Tuesday
Wow us Wednesday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Grace at Home
Link Party Palooza
Funky junk interiors
That DIY Party
MMM Block Party
Inspire Me Monday

1 comments:

  1. oooooo! I love it! It is an excellent choice for a hunting themed room, rustic and outdoorsy looking.

    ReplyDelete