Friday, November 13, 2015

DIY Arrow

Well I went shopping with a client for some awesome pieces for the gallery
walls we are doing in her beautiful home, which I will show you a little later.
  But I ran upon this cute arrow at Hobby Lobby...


I really loved it.  It looks like it is just dry brushed and oh so sweet.  Well I almost bought it but then I thought, you know, I could make that really easy.  So I came home and found a piece of scrap wood that was really quite rough on one side, which I liked.  So I just drew out the pieces on the wood and cut them out with my scroll saw.  So simple, anyone could do it.  I just glued the pieces with wood glue. No nailing or sanding or anything.  Then I put a dark stain all over it and when it dried I dry brushed ivory craft paint on it.  So easy, and I got two out of the board.  Bingo! So here are mine.
I added the first to my dining room wall.  Did I need it?  No, but I just added it for fun.




I added the second to my gallery wall in my hall.  I think it just finished it off.  So fun and free!


So those are my easy DIY arrows that anyone can do.  Go make some and have a great day!





Linking up with these blogs:
Treasure Hunt Thursday
upcycled link party
Keeping it simple crafts
The Girl Creative
http://diyshowoff.com/category/other/that-diy-party/
Inspire Me Monday
Trash 2 Treasure
Tutorial Tuesday
Wow us Wednesday
Tutorials & Tips Link Party
Link Party Palooza

0 comments:

Post a Comment