Thursday, May 13, 2010

Little girls room to teen girls room

When my daughter was 12 she got a whole new room for her birthday.
Can you even believe this color, it actually glows in the hall when she turns the light on. Lime green and blue are her favorites. She loves horses and had a collection of Breyer horses. I made these boxes for shelves and they worked really well for the horses and other decorative items.

This desk was a hand-me-down, and worked perfect for her room. So I made the top bookcase thingy to hold all her stuff. More box shelves for decoration.
She has this darling window seat in her room. So I covered a cushion for the seat in a rug, yes a rug, I found at Target in the perfect colors. She loved to sit in there and pull the curtains closed and read. She is an artist so I put shelves on the left of the window for her to put her latest masterpiece.
Now, somehow, over the years, she has grown up. And is now 17 so over the years we have had to change a few things to make the room grow with her. Here is what it looks like now...

The horse collection has been boxed up. Now the shelves are covered with awards and trophies and such. The bed got a new comforter and is in a new position.
The window hasn't changed much, just pulled the curtains back.
The desk is now make-up central. Covered in dance photo's and other teen things.

Her art display...
I still can't believe she is 17 and I have one more year before she is off to college. I better enjoy every minute. I do love that girl!
So with just a few inexpensive and simple changes her room grew with her. She still loves it.
Have a lovely day!

Go on over to New Friend Friday and find some new bloggy friends.

The Girl Creative

8 comments:

  1. Thx for stopping by my blog! Your daughter's room is SO CUTE! I am loving that window seat and that you covered the cushion in a rug. Wonderful!
    I'm your newest follower - your boys room is ADORABLE too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving her window nook with the curtains! I'll bet she never wants to leave that wonderful space?

    Having my 1st giveaway, love for you to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke that window seat is a dream!! I adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great room! I love the window seat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks cute- like the window seat,i just made one for my store- i always wanted one of my own- How fast they grow- my son will be 15 in a few weeks and the youngest will be 8 in 2 weeks- i agree enjoy each minute.
    just became a follower- look forward to more design-tips- inspiration
    Karryann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hopped over here from New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative. :) LOVE the room makeover, especially that gorgeous window seat!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling teen girls room! I think my daughter would really like this and she's 12. I know she would LOVE the window seat, and the lime green too! And yes, how quickly they grow. Enjoy every moment of this last year having your daughter at home. I know it won't be long, and I will be in your shoes!
    ~Elissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. The window seat is fabulous - I have always wanted one! I am sure she just loves her room. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete